December

Please support our efforts through donations, sharing our blog with others and learning more about the issue of human trafficking.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dhanyavadagalu (Thank you in Kannada!)

Some more generous souls to thank :)

Minaxi and Atul (and Kusha!)
My dad's sister, her husband and my lovely cousin. Always fun to hang out with and I've already been booked by my uncle to plan Kusha's wedding whenever it happens ;)

Isaac
I have known Isaac for some years and he is a gem. I've seen him evolve in so many ways and I'm so excited to see what life has in store for him as he graduates.

Nisha  and Sachin
 Mother to Sahil and lovely wife to Sachin- Nisha is my cousin from Atlanta. A genuinely nice person who is beautiful inside and out.

Kart and Neha
 Kart and Neha are some of my closest friends.  Neha is creative and talented and Kart has always amazed me with his analytical and coupon finding skills ;) I've known Kart since my college days and I consider him a brother. 

Rahul
 Where do I even start with Rahul? He is the Jack to my Karen! His wry sense of humor is an acquired taste, but his taste in music, the arts and outlook on life in general is why I put up with him and him me :)

Sharon
 One of the inspirations for why I am even going to volunteer in the first place. Sharmila is a good-hearted, spunky and animated sweetheart :) I hope she finds her journey ahead fulfilling and adventurous!

Rita and Sanjay
 Rita auntie and Sanjay uncle are family friends who live right here in the DMV area.  They have two active young children.

Kumudha
KK! One of my South Asian daughters from AASU at UMD. I miss seeing her around regularly, but she's working hard in law school right now. She's a smart, sassy and beautiful young woman :) 

Pam
I had the pleasure of meeting Pam this summer at the OCA Convention in TX. I feel like I have known her for a number of years already. It was amazing meeting her and talking to her about so many things. I look forward to seeing what she does next!

Hyo
Hyo is a talented student at UMD. She was kind enough to donate some much-needed supplies for the children at Odanadi. She really is so insightful and good at what she does. I can see her shaking up the APA non-profit world in DC soon :)



I would also like to thank my Dad's former colleague who wishes to remain anonymous and Raju Kaka, my dad's cousin brother who is a successful business man in NJ where he lives with his wife and two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment